Moving from a city to another is always involves considerable work, and while you may have family members and friends for help, it makes sense to hire an experienced interstate removalist for the job. The idea behind working with removalists is to simplify the whole process and ensure a smooth transit. Of course, there are a bunch of services out there, and selecting one can be a bit confusing. Below is an easy guide that will suggest the aspects that need attention.
- Start by understanding the role. Each removalist company works in a different way, and you need to know the extent of assistance they can provide. For example, do they deal with pet removal, as well? Do they have storage facilities, just in case you cannot get your goods in your new home on the same day? Before taking the call, make a list of things you expect from the services, which will further help in discussing the costs.
- Get references/check reviews. The best way to hire a removalist is to get references. Talk to your neighbours, colleagues and friends to know the services they have tried. References help in shortlisting choices, and if that’s not an option, you can always check for reviews online. If a company claims to be the best in business, they will have good reviews from other customers and clients. In case you get in touch with a service, you can alternatively ask for references, as well.
- Ask for quotes. Getting a quote for your move is an important aspect that cannot be ignored. Most removalists will offer an estimate in advance and for free, but make sure that every inclusion that’s discussed is mentioned. The estimate should also mention the exclusions, if any. Don’t choose a company just because they offered the lowest price, unless you have checked all the other things.
- Insist on comprehensive insurance. Don’t be surprised to know that many removalists don’t have insurance in the first place. When you are hiring one, you are relying on them to get your goods safely in the new area, but things can always go wrong. If the products are damaged or lost in transit, you want to be sure of being compensated. Also, the people who are handling your goods on behalf of the company should be insured. In case there is an accident or mishap while they are on your job, the expenses shouldn’t become your implied liability.
- A clean contract is a must. Working with interstate movers requires having a contract in place, which mentions all the terms and conditions of their services. This is an absolute must, given that you may end up in a dispute with them for varied reasons, and it is best to have something in hand, so as to take things forward.
Finally, when you are working with a mover for the first time, you need to be sure that they are experienced enough. Check the number of years they have been in business, and don’t shy away from seeking details of their clients.
Author Bio – Nathan McLeanis the owner and operator of Reliable Sydney Removalists, one of the top moving companies in Sydney, providing removals services locally and interstate.